I’ve been grumpy this week, several things have either taken five times longer than I wanted them to or simply haven’t happened at all. The words for my blog haven’t flowed and after spending an hour today trying to write a post I deleted the whole thing and headed off on the school run feeling very frustrated.
While I was walking to school in the gale force winds and arctic temperatures I pondered on all the things that have wound me up during the week. It didn’t take me long to realise that most, if not all, of these issues were fairly superficial and could probably be overcome with a little patience and perseverance.
I decided that enough was enough and it was time to pull myself out of this bad mood and focus on the positive.
This led me to think about what makes me feel happy and I came up with the following;
My Happiness List (In no particular order)
- Listening to my children laughing and having fun.
- Reading a good book.
- Having a vase of fresh flowers somewhere in the house.
- Watching Disney movies (especially Tangled!)
- Planning holidays to Walt Disney World.
- Doing something nice for somebody else.
- Talking to my friends.
- Helping at my children’s school.
- Being surprised with breakfast in bed.
- Having cuddles with my children.
What makes you happy?
See ya real soon!